Windermere with a population estimated to be around 2,300, Windermere has that small town feeling. It’s serene ways and great location have made it a desirable choice for families with children. Windermere has remained a popular town due to it’s numerous lakes and bordering, upscale communities. The picturesque, sandy bottom lakes of Lake Butler, Lake Bessie, and Lake Down along with other smaller lakes join together to form the Butler Chain of Lakes.
History: In 1885 Joseph Hill Scott purchased 150 acres in the Windermere area and supposedly named it after Lake Windermere in England. In 1889 a railroad was built from Kissimmee to Windermere. The city really started to grow in 1910 when two investors from Ohio decided to start developing the area.
Real Estate: The area slightly outside of Windermere is home to a growing real estate market for some of central Florida’s most expensive homes. The development of new real estate has led to a few pristine and upscale golf courses being created throughout the area.
Notable Nearby Communities:
Isleworth – Considered to be one of the countries premier country clubs and has a private golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. The estate homes in the 600 acre community range in price from 1 to 12 million dollars. Butler Bay – Located between Lake Crescent and Lake Roberts. This community has an 18 hole golf course as well as many lake front properties. The lots are between half an acre and 2 acres. Keene’s Point – A gated community containing 14 separate neighborhoods and is located on the shore of Lake Butler. The 250 acre private golf course is a signature design by Jack Nicklaus.
Stats: Population 2,300 70.3% married couples 11.1% of population over 65
Location: Fourteen miles southwest of Orlando, six miles southeast of Winter Garden, two miles south of Ocoee.
To find homes in Windermere, use our Real Estate Search with zip code 34786.
Windermere Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Windermere
- 9527 Pine Terrace Court WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 1304 Estancia Woods Loop WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 1943 Katie Hill Way WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 8387 Bowden Way, Unit 1 WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 11014 Belmere Isles Court WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 6127 S Hampshire Court WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 9642 Mccormick Place WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 7336 Yoder Street WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 2507 Hempel Avenue WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 8292 Tibet Butler Drive WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 2515 Butler Bay Drive N WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 5220 Tildens Grove Boulevard WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 1558 Glenwick Drive WINDERMERE, FL 34786
Sold Listings in Windermere
- 125 North Drive WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 11120 Lake Butler Boulevard WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 13762 Summer Harbor Court WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 14282 Bridgewater Crossings Boulevard WINDERMERE, FL 34786
- 13272 Roxboro Road WINDERMERE, FL 34786
Windermere School Data
Windermere School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Windermere Elementary School
- K-5, public
- Gotha Middle School
- 6-8, public
- Buena Vista Academy
- PK-8, private
- Premier Academy
- K-1, private
- Windermere Preparatory School
- PK-12, private
- The Crenshaw School
- PK-12, private
- Sunset Park Elementary School
- K-5, public
- Keenes Crossing Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- The New Academy
- 1-12, private